Omna Organics Saffron
Saffron Tea With Ginger & Honey
- 10-12 strands Saffron Threads
- 4 cups of water
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Pour 4 cups of water into a pot, add ginger and bring to a boil.
- Uncover, turn the heat down slightly, add saffron threads, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add honey to sweeten, if desired.
- Strain the tea into 4 cups and enjoy a deliciously healthy, slimming, caffeine-free tea.
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- ¾ teaspoon crushed saffron threads
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 whole cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups boiling vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- Cover rice with cold water and set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Soak saffron threads in 2 tablespoons boiling water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon and fry 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and saute, until golden brown. Add rice, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the boiling broth and add salt and saffron.
- Cover and cook until rice is cooked and all liquid is absorbed about 40 minutes.
- 1 tbs boiling water
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 caster sugar
- 50g pistachio, finely chopped
- 50g blanched almonds, finely chopped
- Place the boiling water in a small heatproof bowl. Add the saffron threads and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix evaporated milk and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the saffron and liquid, pistachios, and almonds to the milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into freezer-proof moulds. Place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight to firm.
- Quickly dip the base of each mould in hot water to loosen the kulfi and turn out onto serving plates.